Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday... in my thoughts.

I wish we would all change our attitude concerning "Mondays." (including myself)
As I read status' changes, comments and blogs, it dawns on me... how ungrateful we are.
Sounds like this... "Ugh! Its Monday again!" "I hate Mondays." "Can't wait till this day is over." And the list goes on.

Why are we so bothered? We should be grateful that we are alive and well... on this very Monday. We fuss and we fight not realizing that millions of people didn't make it to see the rise of another day... a Monday morning.
The Bible says that God's compassion, His love, His mercies are new "every morning..." This, indeed, includes Mondays!

Have you stopped to think why Mondays can be a little more 'hectic' and busier than other days?
Perhaps you should. I have.
This day may be a day for new opportunities; a new chance in life for many. A beginning to many things.

I bet if we changed our attitude about this day, it'll trickle down, affecting the rest of the week... and perhaps the rest of our lives;
This, I believe, will result in long lasting change, as metamorphosis, not only in our attitudes but in our lives and even of those around us.
Don't you believe you can cause change? Indeed you can.

So... Sunday night, as our 'weekend' comes to an end, let's remember to live out 'each and every day' purposefully; welcoming Monday instead of having the usual dreary 'Monday' attitude.

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24


"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him,
to the one who seeks Him;
it is good to wait quietly fot the salvation of the Lord."
Lamentations 3:22-26

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. I will never, ever, never, ever, never complain about my Monday's again.

Thanks for the reality check!

MICKEY said...

Great point!! Well put! That's for the blessing...

Anonymous said...

I read this a while back and still where ever I want to complain about it being Monday, I remeber this blog and my complaint turns in to a praise.

Thanks for sharing this Yari.

U ROCK!!!